Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. I have a truly blessed life. I first and foremost thank God for all of what I am about to be thankful for.

I am now for my first thanksgiving a married woman! I didn't know if that was going to ever happen. LOL. I have a wonderful husband that supports and loves me for who I am and wonderful new in-laws (who are cooking a very good dinner right now for us). Don't be surprise......... I haven't gotten this whole cooking thing down yet. Just ask my sis what I did to mac n cheese one time. LOL

I am so thankful for my parents. They are truly wonderful people. My dad is a great guy and I am thankful for having him and that he is all done with his treatment and in the clear. My mom is very strong and I know that is where I get it from. She has always been there for me and I wouldn't be the person I am today without her influence.

I am so thankful for my sister. She is the person I have always looked up to. She is my hero as corny as it sounds. She is an awesome mom, wife, sister, friend and person. And I am the lucky one that gets to call her sister. Any person that gets to be in her life is truly blessed.

I am thankful for all my new blogger friends. They are so sweet and always make me feel so good to read their blogs and the comments they put on mine (yes JennyKate and Lisa I am talking about you).

And at last I am thankful for not having to go to work today. I don't have to sit in my cubicle today and count the minutes as to when I get to leave. So I am thankful that Thanksgiving is a national holiday and they have to give it to us off. My hats off to the Pilgrims.

This as been another confession but it definitely has NOT been from the cubicle.

Shelly

1 comment:

jennykate77 said...

Amen to that, Sista! I'll join you in taking my hat off to the Pilgrims! :) Thank the Lord for long weekends...just when I think I'm not going to be able to tolerate one more day of work...I get a day off. LOL :)

Great list of things to be thankful for! I'm thankful for you and your sweet sister. What fun girls you are :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Much love!